Regular readers will already be familiar with the Cocktails and Cheese project. After nearly three years of tasting and testing Jennifer and I developed our first ever online Cocktails & Cheese pairing workshop for Valentine’s day with a focus on the Manhattan. The Valentine’s day event was a big success so we are going to do just one more Manhattan workshop before moving onto a Daiquiri workshop in the summer.
During this workshop we will discuss the history and cultural significance of the Manhattan cocktail and how it has evolved over the years.
We will talk about the principles of pairing cocktails with cheese and how the flavor profiles in both the cocktail and the cheese can add or detract from each other.
We will mix up a Manhattan together, discuss some of its variations and recipes, then you can sit back, relax, and be guided through a tasting of the three cheeses we’ve chosen to pair with your drink.
After this workshop you will:
- Have a better appreciation of the Manhattan cocktail within a historical to modern day cultural context
- Be able to perfectly mix a classic Manhattan and one of its variations
- Learn about the history and different flavor profiles of the cheese
- Understand how to pair the cocktail and cheese to create an experience that is better than the sum of its parts
- Use your new knowledge and skills for elegant but easy home entertaining
- Feel comfortable enough with the basics of cocktail and cheese pairing to embark on your own explorations at home
- Enjoy sharing the takeaway tips and trivia about the cocktail and cheese with your food and drink loving friends
- Receive a printable information booklet with recipes and highlights of the information covered.
The 1 hour workshop will be followed by a 30 minute Q&A session and tickets are $39. Participants will receive a list of cocktail ingredients and cheese to purchase should they wish to taste along during the workshop.