Regular readers will already be familiar with the Cocktails and Cheese project. After nearly three years of tasting and testing Jennifer and I have developed a series of online Cocktails & Cheese pairing workshops with a focus on a different classic cocktail per season. In anticipation of summer months, our current workshop focuses on the daiquiri. The first one will be through Context Learning as part of their really great lineup of online seminars and open to unlimited participants. Follow up workshops will be run through Jennifer’s cheese workshops zoom platform and will be capped at 15 participants per session for a more intimate setting and more interaction between participants. Take note: the second Daiquiri & Cheese pairing workshop will take place on 20 June, which is Father’s Day in the US and France. (If Dad likes mixed drinks, a place in the workshop would be a great gift!)
During this workshop we will discuss the history and cultural significance of the Daiquiri cocktail and how it has evolved over the years.
We will talk about the principles of pairing cocktails with cheese and how the flavor profiles in both the cocktail and the cheese can add or detract from each other.
We will mix up a Daiquiri together, discuss some of its variations and recipes, then you can sit back, relax, and be guided through a tasting of the three cheeses we’ve chosen to pair with your drink.
After this workshop you will:
- Have a better appreciation of the Daiquiri cocktail within a historical to modern day cultural context
- Be able to perfectly mix a classic Daiquiri and one of its variations
- Learn about the history and different flavor profiles of the cheese
- Understand how to pair the cocktail and cheese to create an experience that is better than the sum of its parts
- Use your new knowledge and skills for elegant but easy home entertaining
- Feel comfortable enough with the basics of cocktail and cheese pairing to embark on your own explorations at home
- Enjoy sharing the takeaway tips and trivia about the cocktail and cheese with your food and drink loving friends
- Receive a printable information booklet with recipes and highlights of the information covered.
The 1 hour workshop will be followed by a 30 minute Q&A session and tickets are $30.95 for the Context Learning seminar or $59 for the smaller sessions limited to 15 participants.
UPCOMING Daiquiri Workshops
Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 3:00 PM EDT ($30.95)
Following workshops will be announced on Jennifer’s cheese workshop page