- This event has passed.
La Route des Grands Crus Experience with Preston Mohr
April 25, 2020 @ 15:00 - 16:30FREE
Grab your glass and travel with Preston Mohr, your Wine Advisor, on a virtual journey along the world-famous wine road, the “Route des Grand Crus.” (Normally these virtual tours are 30 Euros, but during confinement they are FREE)
Originally from the United States, Preston first came to France to complete his studies in art history. He fell quickly in love with the culture of France, its cuisine and above all, its wine. Preston has now lived in France for over 15 years and holds a Diploma in Wines & Spirits from the WSET (Level 4). Preston also received a Bachelors of Arts in Art History and French from the University of Minnesota and a Masters of Global Hospitality Management from Georgia State University. Having spent many years in wine education, distribution and wine tourism, Preston understands that wine can be full of emotion but is often intimidating and very subjective. His role with Château de Pommard as your trusted Wine Advisor is to demystify the wines of Burgundy and to help you create a special place for wine in your life.
About the Experience
Discover our 2018 Vintage release by joining our first-ever online Experience down the Route des Grands Crus of Burgundy!
During these challenging times, it’s difficult to travel, so let Preston bring Burgundy to you. Learn how Burgundy’s star grape varieties, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, express themselves across Burgundy’s rich maze of villages and terroirs.
With advance purchase of our Route des Grands Crus Collection, you can taste along in real-time with Preston! However, you may of course still join us without having the wines. You will have the opportunity to purchase all of the wines featured after the event.
We sincerely hope that we are able to physically travel to a city near you in the near future. But there’s no reason to stop learning and enjoying fabulous Burgundy wines in the meantime!
What will I learn?
- Introduction and history of Burgundy
- About the 5 subregions of Burgundy and their specialties
- What is the Route des Grands Crus?
- Best wine tasting practices with your WSET-certified Wine Advisor
- How to enjoy Burgundy wines with food
- How do natural factors influence wine’s taste, style and ageability?
- How to navigate Burgundy’s myriad classifications
- How to plan your next trip to Burgundy and visit Château de Pommard, founded in 1726
$30 per personFREE
- Order the La Route des Grands Crus Collection to taste along at home
- You can join the experience without the wines
- Limited to 30 people
- Sessions will be conducted through Zoom webinars